1. Having to call the movie theater to find out what time the movie you wanted to see was playing.
Then finding out — after listening to the entire recording — that the movie isn’t even playing at that theater.
2. Taking your film to be developed and discovering that 99% of the pictures were blurry and no good.
And then immediately ripping them for fear that someone would see the awful pictures of you.
3. Turning on the TV Guide Channel right after the channel’s listing you wanted to see had already scrolled.
Then having to go dig out the newspaper from the garbage can so that you could look it up — if you didn’t want to wait for the listings to scroll all the way around again.
4. Looking up a listing in the phone book only to find out it’s not in there.
“Oh wait, duh, this phone book is three years old. WHY DO WE STILL HAVE IT?!”
5. Finally taping that song you liked off the radio only to have it ruined by the DJ who began talking before the song ended.
“Yes, I am well aware of the station I’m listening to, but thanks for the loud reminder.”
6. Or when you tried to download a song and it took hours just to get ONE SONG.
“Well, I’m glad I waited an hour and half to get a crappy-sounding version of ‘No Scrubs’!”
7. When Internet Explorer crashed.
“NO, I DON’T WANT TO ‘SEND ERROR REPORT’!”
8. Finding out you had no blank VHS tapes a few minutes before the show you wanted to record started.
And having an immediate Sophie’s Choice moment: “Do I want to tape over last week’s Friends?!”
9. Turning on The Weather Channel to get the local forecast, but having to wait a while because they were showing the national forecast.
“Who cares about the weather in the Southwest? I live in the Northeast and need to know if I’m going to have a snow day tomorrow!”
10. Having to make a call from a disgusting pay phone — and making sure you had change to make the call.
Of course, there was always just one pay phone and some jerk hogging it up by having an hour-long conversation on it.
11. When TRL cut your favorite music video six seconds in and replaced it with screaming tweens.
“Thanks, I’m glad Sarah from West Virginia got to scream into the camera, but I wanted to see the entire video for Jimmy Eat World’s ‘The Middle.’”
12. Finding out the night before a report is due that Encarta did not have any information on the subject matter you needed.
And then immediately praying that the old encyclopedias in the basement had it.
13. Waiting in line for hours to get tickets for a concert.
And then almost having a meltdown when the Ticketmaster guy handed out randomly assigned wristbands and the person who showed up last got to go to the front of the line.
14. When you put on your favorite video and realized it wasn’t rewound.
“Doesn’t anyone remember to rewind?!”
15. Or when you went to rent a video at Blockbuster and they didn’t have any more copies of the movie you wanted.
“Ugh, I guess I’ll rent Honey I Blew Up the Kid, again!”
16. Having to buy an entire album for ONE SONG.
Fifteen dollars down the drain ‘cause Aqua couldn’t release a CD single of “Barbie Girl.”
17. Lending your friend a CD and getting it back all scratched.
“What the hell were you doing with this CD? Did you let your cat use it as a toy?! You owe me $15!”
18. Getting lost with the printed-out directions you got from MapQuest.
“According to this map, that road should be running over where this lake is located.”
19. Having to watch scrambled porn.
Yes kids, this was a thing. =(
20. Calling a friend a getting a busy signal.
Redial, busy, redial, busy…..